The World Academy of Carpatho-Rusyn Culture (originally the World Academy of Rusyn Culture) is an academic and charitable institution founded by Steven Chepa in 2001 for the purpose of encouraging new work and preserving the insights and beauty of Carpatho-Rusyn culture for the benefit of all mankind.
To encourage new work influenced by the Carpatho-Rusyn experience.
To support creative talent, performances, and exhibitions throughout the world.
To document and preserve the history, beauty and unique insights of Carpatho-Rusyn culture.
To recognize outstanding Carpatho-Rusyn cultural support and achievement by awarding "Fellow" designations to worthy individuals who include Carpatho-Rusyn culture among the treasures of their human experience.
To further recognize and reward Carpatho-Rusyn cultural achievement by awarding a Chepa Bear along with other tokens of appreciation to individuals on an annual basis in recognition of outstanding contributions to Carpatho-Rusyn culture in the categories of architecture, art, music, theatre, literature and outstanding support. Prizes will not be awarded in years of inadequate achievement or inadequate funding.
To publish a directory of Carpatho-Rusyn talent and knowledge to facilitate sharing and fellowship throughout the world.
Individual memberships subject to academic qualification and by invitation of the governing body of the world organization.
State memberships by invitation of the governing body of the world organization.
- Authorized by the World Academy.
- Individual memberships by invitation of the governing body of the state organization.
- State memberships by invitation of the governing body of the state organization subject to prior approval of the governing body of the world organization.
State Academies are important to facilitate
- Local initiative.
- Local gatherings.
- Local government support.
- Local performances and exhibitions.
- Language comfort (Carpatho-Rusyn plus that of the state).
- Membership for involved non-Rusyn nationals.
- State government support of an organization for the benefit of its own citizens.